White Collar Crimes
Defend Yourself & Your Business from Criminal Accusations
Powell, Jackman, Stevens & Ricciardi, P.A. understands that when you are accused of a white collar crime, the accusation rarely reflects just on you. In many cases, white collar crime accusations are connected to your business or company as well, which can be devastating to sales, partnerships, profits, and more. Our Fort Myers white collar criminal defense lawyers work diligently to deconstruct all accusations against you with the goal of preserving your reputation and that of your business.
Call (239) 970-6844 right away if you are facing white collar criminal charges or an investigation.
Powerful Defense Against Daunting Oppositions
For most white collar defense cases, the opposition is larger and stronger than what you might expect in another criminal defense case. You should not be surprised if a federal agency is assisting with the investigation of your case. For example, if you and your business are accused of a trade violation, it could be that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is looking into the matter. Even though investigating agencies are meant to be neutral, it is no secret that they tend to lean in favor of the prosecution in criminal cases. Be prepared for their influence and force by shielding yourself with our law firm.
Examples of white collar crime cases we can handle for you include:
- Insider trading: Making purchases or sales of your company’s stock in a public exchange using information not known to the public.
- Embezzlement: Stealing finances or assets from your company for your own private gain, often accompanied by concealing the theft through financial fraud.
- Money laundering: Obtaining currency through illegal means and using your company to redistribute those finances in an attempt to distance the “dirty money” from yourself.
- Investment fraud: Collecting money from investors on the promise of a return or high chance of return without any intention of following up on that promise.
- Piracy: Stealing another company’s intellectual property for the gain of yourself or your own business.
No matter what charges you are facing and why, you can depend on our 70+ years of collective legal experience to protect your rights and reputation. No one, not even a federal agency, oversteps our clients’ rights when we are on the case.
Contact our Fort Myers white collar crime attorneys now to begin your case.