FORT MYERS WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ATTORNEYS
What To Do After a Workplace Injury
In the event that an employee endures a workplace injury, the first step is to report the damage to your employer. If your injury is not immediately reported, your case could be negatively impacted. If the injury or illness gradually develops, it is wise to report evidence of damage as soon as you experience symptoms. If you wait longer than 30 days from the date of your accident or from the date you receive a diagnosis from your doctor, your claim may be denied. Acting quickly with the help of an experienced attorney is always in your best interest.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Workers' Compensation Claim?
When pursuing a workers' compensation claim, understanding the potential damages recoverable is crucial. At Powell, Jackman, Stevens & Ricciardi, P.A., we maximize our client's compensation. The following are key areas of damages that could be recovered in a workers' compensation claim may include:
- Medical Expenses: Workers' compensation typically covers the expenses of medical treatment connected to your work-related injury. This could include doctor visits, hospital stays, surgeries, prescription medications, and rehabilitative services.
- Lost Wages: If your injury or illness stops you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages. This includes temporary disability benefits while you recover and, in some cases, permanent disability benefits if your ability to work is permanently affected.
- Rehabilitation Costs: Workers' compensation may cover vocational rehabilitation expenses if your injury stops you from returning to your previous job. This can include job retraining and assistance in finding alternative employment.
- Permanent Disability Benefits: If your injury leads to permanent impairment, you may be qualified for additional compensation for the permanent loss of earning capacity.
- Death Benefits: In tragic cases where a work-related injury or illness results in death, surviving dependents could be eligible for death benefits, which include funeral expenses and ongoing financial support.
Our Fort Myers workers' compensation lawyers at Powell, Jackman, Stevens & Ricciardi, P.A. work diligently to assess the full extent of damages applicable to your case. We understand the importance of securing comprehensive compensation to alleviate the financial burden associated with workplace injuries.
Why Hire Powell, Jackman, Stevens & Ricciardi, P.A.
Our Fort Myers workers’ compensation lawyers can provide support and diligent advocacy during the claim filing process. If we take on your case, our firm will:
- Thoroughly explain your rights
- Inform you of what is to be expected throughout your case
- Help to determine an approximate amount you are entitled to collect after being injured or rendered ill
- Ensure all paperwork and documents are filed correctly and in a timely manner
- Work with you to gather all evidence needed, including doctor’s reports, witnesses’ accounts of the accident, and more
With extensive experience communicating with insurance companies and representing clients in court, we can help you receive proper treatment and the financial help you and your family need during this difficult time.
Contact Our Worker's Compensation Lawyer in Fort Myers Today
Every employee should be aware that it is illegal for an employer to terminate an injured worker if they have filed a workers’ compensation claim. Firing an injured employee could result in consequences for the employer and increased compensation for the employee.
Keep in mind that no two cases are alike, which means the amount of time it takes to reach a settlement always differs depending on the circumstances. However, having a lawyer on your side can smooth out the process of negotiation until an agreement is reached.
Whether your injury is minor, major, or lifelong, you should never be left alone without a way to support yourself. If you are injured in a workplace environment, Your Advocates can help you receive the benefits you deserve.
Contact Powell, Jackman, Stevens & Ricciardi, P.A. today to get started with our Fort Myers workers' compensation attorney.
For more than 70 years, we have been providing our clients with trustworthy and knowledgeable legal counsel for a wide variety of legal matters.
Our attorneys understand the emotional turmoil that an injury matter can have on someone. For this reason, we make ourselves available when you need us most.
At Your Advocates, you will never be treated as just a number. Whether your case is monetarily small or large - you will receive the customized and personalized attention that you deserve.
As Your Advocates, we ensure that we are actively involved in communicating with you from start to finish. This communication allows us to come up with a customized solution that best fits your goals.