Restraining Order Defense Lawyers in Fort Myers
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
If a restraining order is issued in your name, it could restrict you from contacting certain people or going to particular places. In some cases, the person’s request for an injunction could be unwarranted and based on false claims. Before the court issues an order of protection against you, it will schedule a hearing during which you can fight the allegations. Because the outcome of the proceedings could have a substantial impact on your life, it is best to have experienced legal representation on your side. At Powell, Jackman, Stevens & Ricciardi, our attorneys are ready to provide the effective counsel you need in these types of matters.
Speak with one of our lawyers about your case by calling us at (239) 970-6844.
Types of Orders and Restrictions
In Florida, a person could petition for several kinds of restraining orders that limit what the individual against whom the injunction is filed against can and can’t do.
Orders of protection can include:
- Domestic violence: filed by a family or household member
- Repeat violence: filed by a person who doesn’t have a domestic relationship with the accused
- Dating violence: filed by a person, or their parent/guardian, who has a dating relationship with the accused
- Sexual violence: filed by a person who is the alleged victim of a sex offense
- Stalking: filed by a person who accuses someone else of unwanted contact
The limitations placed on the individual vary depending on the type of restraining order issued against them.
The restrictions include, but are not limited to, being:
- Forced to leave the home
- Barred from contacting, whether directly or through a third party, the petitioner
- Required to pay temporary child/spousal support
- Ordered to attend counseling or treatment
- Restricted from going to the petitioner’s home or work
Fighting Against a Restraining Order
Understanding that unscrupulous individuals might have malicious reasons to petition for a restraining order, we will take the time to listen to your side of the story and build a solid legal strategy on your behalf. Our Fort Myers lawyers will conduct a detailed review of the claims made against you and gather evidence to challenge the accusations.
Get over 70 years of combined legal experience on your side by calling us at (239) 970-6844 or contacting us online.